WHY WOULD I WANT TO VOLUNTEER?
- to feel needed
- to give back
- to get involved
- to have fun
- to make new friends
- to perform your civic duty
- to make a difference
- to develop new skills
- as an alternate to giving money
- interest in a particular group or cause
- to get out of the house
- to feel good about yourself
- to be with friends
- to sharpen skills
- to learn new things
- ....and many more things!!!
Did You Know...?
-Throughout our history, GFWC has made a significant impacts on the world.
- Did you know you receive individual benefits like the feeling of accomplishment for making a difference in your community? -- Did you know members can bring causes that are near and dear to our hearts that help accomplish a project or fill a need.
- Did you know that GFWC is one of the few organizations who hold a charter from Congress?
- Did you know that 75% of public libraries in the United States were established by GFWC?
- Did you know GWFC had a part in passage of the women's right to vote?
- Did you know GFWC had a part in passing Violence Agaist Women Act and the Lily Ledbetter Equal Pay Act?
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A CLUB MEMBER
- Attends meetings regularly.
- Communicates and makes her voice heard.
- Conserves club's finances.
- Encourages others.
- Fulfills the duties of membership.
- Gives credit where credit is due.
- Keeps a sense of humor.
- Personally involved with gentleness and firmness.
- Keeps the purpose of the club in mind at all times.
- Perseveres amidst difficulties with a willingness to continue.
- Prepares for each meeting.
- Promotes a spirit of teamwork.
- Resolves differences by being a peacemaker.
- Respects everyone.
- Thinks for herself.
- Thinks of others.
- Makes a difference!
Sneedville GFWC is a woman’s organization dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer services. Our charitable works include fundraising, community projects, recognition for community service and social events.
Members are encouraged to participate in any programs of interest. Our primary fundraising event is a ladies' luncheon. Members are encouraged to participate in one of the many facets of this major event. Every active member is required to serve on a minimum of one hostess committee where club members assist in hosting a monthly dinner meeting.
We would love to have you get involved in our club and your community! Please contact us with any questions you have.